An 'institutional subscription' is required when you have more than 10 users within one workplace/site/Trust.
Athens authentication is used to give your multiple users access to CPD eLearning easily.
Could you get CPD eLearning through your place of work?
Many NHS Trusts have already taken out institutional subscriptions to CPD eLearning - ask your librarian or CPD supervisor whether your Trust is one of these.
In order to process an institutional subscription, your workplace will need to have an OpenAthens account. For more information about OpenAthens technology, visit the OpenAthens website.
What are the benefits of an institutional subscription?
- It is a cost-effective way to provide 50 hours of CPD for many psychiatrists at once.
- OpenAthens authentication (see below) allows easy access for and management/administration of multiple users.
- You receive more personalised customer service from the eLearning team.
- It provides your staff with a rich information source to improve knowledge and help them acquire new skills quickly.
- It enables your staff to keep up to date with new research and best practice in psychiatry.
- You can subscribe via your library's usual subscription agent.
- The higher the number of users, the bigger the savings your institution can make.
How much does it cost?
Institutional prices are grouped into 'bands' depending on how many users you want.
What is OpenAthens and what happens next?
Information about the OpenAthens technology.
As soon as your order has been processed you will receive an email from email@example.com asking for your OpenAthens ID.
Once this has been received, you will be sent an email containing instructions on how to activate the access so your users can log in via OpenAthens. Please ensure you check all mail folders, including spam/junk.
If you would like more information about the subscription setup process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.