Dr Anne Lingford-Hughes, Dr Samuel Turton, Dr Ashwin Venkataraman and Ms Rosie Lees
Log in to see options tailored to you
In this module, we will examine how alcohol affects the brain at a structural level.
We will also look at:
- which brain areas are involved in mediating the effects of alcohol,
- the processes involved in dependency,
- the neuropharmacology involved in mediating the key effects of alcohol,
- neuroadaptations with chronic use and withdrawal,
- the underlying psychopharmacology of pharmacotherapeutic strategies,
- how neuroimaging has been used to characterise the neurobiology of alcoholism.